There are days when my daughter keeps me up with her crying and fussiness. Sometimes I feel like throwing her (LOL! Just Kidding). She cries after being fed, burped and cleaned (meaning diaper changed or bathed). A crying baby can be very intense and stressful. It can overwhelm you and make you react in a way you might not want to. We all go through that phase and some of us still don’t know how to deal with it. These are a few things that have worked for me when dealing with my fussy baby.
- Take a deep breath.
- Walk away. If it helps, leave your baby with someone else and go somewhere around the house where you can relax your mind for a bit.
- Put some headphones on and listen to music for a few minutes.
- A shower or bath can help relieve the stress.
- Exercise. Yoga is extremely helpful to ease the stress.
- Go for a quick run or walk.
These are just a few tips. Don’t feel like your a bad parent because you feel overwhelmed or stressed. It’s normal! These are things that come with being a human. Just remember to take a deep breath. All babies cry even after they’re fed, burped and cleaned. In the next post I’ll tell you a few tips on how to calm a crying and fussy baby.
Feel free to comment anything you did to help relieve your stress. 🙂